Hi, I’m Louise.
Mindset and Life Coach for Perfectionistic Mums – Matrescence Educator – Speaker – Women’s Circle Facilitator
Life has led me here to connect with you, beautiful mumma.
I’ve been collecting experience, skills and knowledge along the way which have come together beautifully to form this work that I am ever grateful to do.
I spent the first part of my life trying to be perfect. To live up to the high expectations of others and be a good girl. I was a high achieving, responsible and “successful” young lady with a solid plan for my life. Things were going well.
Until I suddenly realised that so much was out of my control.
This was my first realisation that striving for perfection wasn’t the asset I thought it was. It was stealing my time, peace of mind, uniqueness and ability to ask for help. It was making me controlling, fearful, overwhelmed and self-critical. My unravelling began.
Pivotal experiences in our lives provide an opportunity for awakening and growth. Mine have included my experiences with infidelity, divorce, remarriage, career change and motherhood.
When we enter motherhood, we begin our matrescence, which is the complete transformation of a woman – physical, social, emotional, physical and spiritual. It is a radical identity shift.
This corporate workaholic did not see this shift coming. I thought that motherhood would be a neat little add on to my life. I mean, at 4am on a Thursday morning, nearly 6 weeks before my due date, I declared emphatically to my husband “I think my waters just broke… but I have to go to work tomorrow!” before sneaking my work laptop under the passenger seat in the car for later (He was pretty surprised when I asked him to retrieve it for me in the birthing suite. Don’t worry, I wasn’t in labour yet!).
The reality of motherhood is usually very different to what we imagine and the enormity of it doesn’t hit us until we are in it. But without women around us telling us this is normal, we think it is just us who is struggling. We think it is just us that needs to try harder, do more and be better. We think we need to be perfect, when perfection is unattainable.
Through all these experiences, I have unravelled and rediscovered myself. I have faced the unrealistic standards and chosen my own personal version of success. I have evolved into a new version of myself, more aligned and authentic than ever. I have learned to navigate motherhood and life with more freedom, ease, confidence and self-love.
I’m here to walk beside you as you do this in your own life.
- There is nothing wrong with you when you are not same as you were before.
- You are becoming MORE even when it doesn’t feel that way.
- You are ENOUGH (capable enough, strong enough, smart enough, beautiful enough and loving enough) just as you are, and no one needs you to be perfect, including your children.
- When you figure out what’s most important to YOU and how YOU want to show up in the world, you can release yourself from the pressure of everyone else’s expectations to find more joy, confidence and ease.
- Your wellbeing is of the highest importance and this goes way beyond taking baths or having your nails done.
- A sense of freedom, relief, alignment, calm, confidence and self-love is waiting for you.
Most importantly, I believe in YOU.
Other interesting bits and pieces about me:
- I was born in Scotland, raised in Sydney and am now living in Melbourne, Australia.
- I met my husband Jason at work when he came to inform me that I was creating a major problem for him. I politely and firmly told him the problem was his responsibility, not mine. And we lived happily ever after!
- I’m mum to one spunky little little boy (thanks to IVF) and step mum to three fantastic young adults (thanks to Jason!).
- I became a super cool, young grandma at 40.
- I love strong black tea, books, healthy living, running, craft, travelling, planning parties, musicals and learning new things!
Training and experience:
- Life Coaching Certification, Beautiful You Life Coaching Academy (ICF Certified Course)
- Motherhood Studies Certification (Dr. Sophie Brock)
- Mama Rising Matrescence Facilitator Accreditation
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) Certification
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) for People Pleasing and Perfectionism Certification
- Applied Neuroscience and Brain Health, The Neuroscience Academy
- Women’s Circle Facilitator Certification, Honouring Heart
- Coach, presenter, facilitator and learning designer with 20 years of experience in adult learning in the corporate world
- Executive Coaching Certification
- Masters in Education (Adult Education)
- Graduate Diploma in Adult Education and Training
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Bachelor of Commerce (Human Resources and Information Systems)
Ready to explore how I can help you?
Some articles to get you started:
I think many mums agree that self-care is important. We know that when we look after ourselves, we're better at handling stress, challenges and change and we're more resilient when things go wrong. When we protect our wellbeing, we have more to give our families and...
My 3 year old son has always been a pretty good sleeper. Sure, he’s woken up through the night but I consider that normal. He did also go through a period where he woke every hour and that was the beginning of co-sleeping for us. Much better. Anyway, I was pretty sure...
Mum guilt. Before having children, you might have imagined that you would just side step the whole issue. But the arrival of your little one likely coincided with the arrival of guilt. There’s a reason that Google reveals over 18 million search results related to mum...